Technical translation is one of MTA’s two main specializations. Since 2006, we’ve translated more than 500,000 pages of technical documents (from descriptions of home appliances to project documentation for comprehensive equipment upgrades, construction of production lines, industrial plants and electric power infrastructure).
By strictly adhering to our technical translation project management and quality control procedures, we’ve become experts in such areas as:
- Mining and metals
- Oil and gas
- Electric power
- Industrial production
The main elements of a successful project are:
- Employing translators of the appropriate specialization
- Writing up instructions for all the translators before starting work on the project
- Creating a glossary for each project and keeping it up-to-date
- Using CAT tools in order to maintain consistent translation quality and terminology
- Mandatory professional editing, enlisting the help of engineers and technicians when necessary
We’re proud to be a trusted provider of technical translations to Siemens, MTU Friedrichshafen, Alstom, Setec Engineering, Wilo, Gildemeister, ALD Vacuum Technologies, Voestalpine, United Metallurgical Company, Vyksa Steel Works, Acron, Petrofac, Stroytransgaz, RusHydro, Autoframos, John Deere and many others.
Our accumulated experience and expertise have allowed us to participate in large translation projects. A description of some of them is given in the Experience section.